SURJ PDX Community Meetings
Join us for periodic community-wide meetings. Be on the lookout for email invitations to meetings where we will share tools, resources, and ways of engaging in response to the uprisings following the murders of George Floyd and Breonna Taylor. We’ll work together to hold each other accountable in keeping up the momentum for significant changes, working toward police and prison abolition and Black liberation.
Here’s a link to our SURJ PDX community-wide gathering from June 20, 2020 (Zoom video recording). We also hold community-wide meetings to make SURJ-PDX-community-wide decisions.
To receive notices about our community meetings, please request that you be added to our mailing list: email@example.com
Action Groups and Work Teams
To learn more about a group and the specific requirements and guidelines for membership, please contact the people listed.
These are smaller groups of SURJ Base Supporters who work to take action in support of people of color or specific BIPOC-led organizations.
- Black Lives Matter: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Families: email@example.com
- Immigration: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Anti-racist organizing locally and anti-imperialist organizing internationally: email@example.com
- SURJ Anti-Patriarchy: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com (This is a group for white men looking to address the intersections of race and gender).
These are groups of SURJ Base Supporters who work behind the scenes to support the operations and development of the SURJ PDX organization. Right now we have just one.
- Administration-Communications: firstname.lastname@example.org